Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hers: Four Things From My Week: 3rd August

By Emsu

Now it's my turn to highlight some things from my past week!

1. Birchbox

I recently signed up for Birchbox, and I'm so glad I did! I received my first box this month, and it really just felt nice to get a small package in the mail filled with goodies. Absolutely worth the $10 a month.



2. Jam and Tea

I've been enjoying (and nearly finishing) the spoils from my daytrips in August -  jam I bought at Germack in Detroit and tea I bought from Essence on Main in Clarkston. I feel like I'm especially savoring these things since I know I won't have the opportunity to do daytrips like those for a while, as school has just started up. Looking forward to fall break already!



3. Magazine

I'm not a regular reader of Scientific American Mind, but I bought the September issue while waiting on Raus to get out of work. This issue was "back to school" themed, with articles about self-esteem, learning methods, and the benefits of handwriting. The articles inspired me to rethink my law school study ways and ditch my laptop for classroom note taking, with a pencil (I know...I'm a revolutionary! We'll see how long this lasts). It's one of the few magazines I've purchased in which I read the majority of the articles, so a worthy mention. 


4. Garden Zucchini 


Holy moly, look at this thing! I don't think I can really get a good photo that shows the size of this, but it is HUGE. We picked it from our neighbor's garden (they gave us permission), and I've been gearing up to make some loaves of zucchini bread with it. I suppose I should make some other things with it too, but I don't know what else to do with a zucchini. Help me out fellow netizens!

No comments:

Post a Comment