Thursday, August 22, 2013

His: Four Things From My Week: 3rd August


I've been reading Amy Chua's "Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother" recently. While at first I have to say that the narrator and the Tiger Mother in question annoyed the hell out of me, I did find what she had to say made a lot of sense. Sure I didn't care for her or her 'Look at me, look at me' attitude, but I found her approach a refreshing change to a lot of the parenting skills, which we find in society today. I won't go too much into it, but this book is defiantly worth the read, whether you agree with her or not. It does raise some great talking points and if you're in a relationship with children still a little off it gives a opportunity to have that conversation with your partner about what kind of parents you intend to be. 



Decorating a apartment on a tight budget has mostly consisted us of trawling our local thrift stores in search of bargains. This week we picked up these cute little spice shakers from 50 cents each. I thought both of these little tin pots looked so cute, and yeah sure a salt shaker would have been better than tarragon one but oh well, the green fits in a treat with our kitchen.


I brought my bag in Thailand from this awesome outdoor/indoor market that sold pretty much anything you can think of. Costing only about 10 USDs, I take my bag nearly everywhere I go, filling it with everything from gum, to hair gel, to a spare t-shirt.


Last up, my shoes. I recently started working in a shoe shop in Ann Arbor, and though it doesn’t sound glamorous it is perhaps the best job I’ve ever had. I work mostly with music majors, but there's also one art major, a singer in a popular funk band, and a right wing Tuxedo shop owner. And what makes it all the better? I get 50% off shoes. I think I have a new obsession. 


No comments:

Post a Comment