Monday, August 5, 2013

Why We Love Orange is the New Black!

So over a three day period we started and finished the Netflix show 'Orange is the New Black'. I must admit I started watching under duress  but I'll be dammed, best show I seen in a while; and here's why:

EVEN THE SCENES WITH JASON BIGGS ARE BEARABLE 

Does that sound a little mean? Oh well, and when I say bearable I mean quite good. Ok so I spent most of the first episode questioning why a pretty girl like Chapman would date Jason Biggs, but after a while it starts to make sense. 


THE SUPPORTING CAST IS QUITE AMAZING

Crazy Eyes, Red, Nicky, and Mendez are perhaps my favorites, but the list could go on.  






ACTUALLY TIFFANY IS MY FAVORITE

The religious nut is played brilliantly by Taryn Manning. So bad, but so much fun.


IT MAKES YOU THINK

The show tackles some interesting issues without getting too heavy. Though liberal, the show doesn't preach too much and nothing appears black and white. This isn't a gritty prison drama, it's entertainment with a brain. 





EVERYTHING GETS REAL MESSY

Nothing is really straight forward in the world of OITNB. The characters screw up, screw around, and screw with each others' heads, in a way which is totally believable. Life is messy, relationships are messy and I feel this show captures that really well, without adding too much sentiment and melodrama to it. 






THE WRITING IS AWESOME

This show just has so many great lines. 







IT GAVE BIRTH TO A NEW MEASURE OF LOVE


In the future when someone asks how much you love them, tell them "I would throw pie for you." Nothing more needs to be said. 




No comments:

Post a Comment